Director of Sales & Marketing
Overview of Position
The Director of Sales & Marketing oversees the development and implementation of sales and marketing strategies to drive growth and revenue across Passenger's portfolio of brands and products. The ideal candidate should be a strategic thinker that has an affinity for data-driven decision-making and a keen interest in customer acquisition and retention.
Along with the other members of Passenger’s Leadership Team, the Director of Sales & Marketing participates in top-level strategic planning and decision-making conversations, supporting Passenger’s mission to seek out and thoughtfully present the world’s most memorable coffee and tea in a way that demonstrates the viability of an equitable supply chain.
- Develop and implement cross-channel sales & marketing strategies
- Iteratively test and scale new acquisition channels, including both digital and non-paid, with a data-driven and segmented approach.
- Create & monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) and marketing metrics
- Manage a budget for all sales & marketing efforts
- Hire and manage necessary contractors and/or internal positions related to sales & marketing efforts
- Build & maintain strong relationships with key accounts and decision-makers within the existing customer base
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends, competitor activities, and market conditions to inform strategy
- Work closely with other members of the Leadership Team to identify and realize strategic goals.
- Attend Quarterly Leadership Team meetings; preparing/presenting reports as needed
- Continually seek opportunities for new avenues of growth through networking and exploring new channels.
- Have a deep understanding of customer acquisition & retention strategies
- Have experience with data analysis, A/B testing, and conversion optimization
- Own a cell phone that can call, text, email, and support work-related applications.
- Proficiency with email, Google Suite, and operations-related applications.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate in verbal and written formats.
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a positive and constructive manner.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities with an attentiveness to detail.
- Leadership and organizational skills with the propensity to properly manage time and the ability to prioritize and delegate tasks and projects.
- Ability to easily balance big-picture goals yet be attentive to small important details.
- Capable of transforming ideas and concepts into task lists and project timelines.
- Intentional about decreasing waste and any negative environmental impacts.
- Knowledge and interest in B-Corp practices; using a for-profit business to solve a social problem via social enterprise.
Desired Work Experience:
- 3+ years of sales and marketing experience in specialty coffee, direct-to-consumer sales, or related, industry
- 2+ years in a leadership role
$75,000 - $85,000
Reports to: Kyle Sollenberger, CEO
Note: Passenger is an Equal Opportunity employer seeking to build an inclusive workforce that reflects the diversity of our city. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, women, and the LGBTQ community. The purpose of this document is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. This document does not reflect all job duties or requirements for every position. Requirements and responsibilities may grow as one progresses and develops with the company, so any job duties required at a lower level may be required at the higher level in addition to the duties listed for that higher level. Duties, assignments, and other responsibilities may differ for similar positions based on business conditions, departmental or geographic location, and/or needs for the particular position.