The Regional Salesperson is responsible for generating and managing a pipeline of sales opportunities for Necessary Coffee, as well as for Passenger coffee and tea products and related equipment and support services. This individual is additionally responsible for representing the brands through involvement in regular industry-related networking, development, and marketing events.
- Outbound cold and warm sales activities, ranging from distributing samples to responding to leads and inquiries
- Development and maintenance of a full pipeline of ongoing business development opportunities
- Responsive and regular communication with prospective and current partners in order to gauge needs and uncover opportunities to establish and strengthen partnerships
- Regular detailed management and reporting against an active sales pipeline
- Ongoing personal learning and development to ensure a thorough knowledge of the company’s products and services, as well as an awareness of industry trends
- Involvement in and leadership around industry events
- Assistance in the promotion of Passenger industry events and educational opportunities
- Gathering industry insights, report to the Director of Wholesale with recommendation for products and services as needed to help maintain Passenger’s reputation as a trusted and capable wholesale partner within the industry
- Work a consistent minimum of 40 hours per week with flexibility of schedule for busy times, holidays, weekends, or special events.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Expectation for travel time is 60%.
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills
- Outstanding communication skills and able to clearly present information both in-person and remotely.
- Excellent written, editorial, and project management skills.
- Exhibit genuine care for others and naturally perform thoughtful hospitality.
- Cultivate a comprehensive knowledge of Passenger’s core values, sourcing program, menus, products, and service standards.
- Foster environments that are safe, welcoming, inclusive, and equally supportive of all identities and learning styles.
- Possess an infectious passion for sharing coffee with others.
- Maintain a close connection to the broader Specialty Coffee community, keeping aware of current trends and industry standards.
- Knowledge and interest in B-Corp practices; using a for-profit business to solve a social problem via social enterprise.
- Own a cell phone with the ability to call, text, email, and support work-related applications.
- Proficiency with email, Slack, Google Docs, and operations-related applications.
- Maintain a strong relationship with the Commons Co family of ventures.
- Reliable transportation to work with the ability to travel extensively for sales activities and events.
Desired Work Experience
- 2+ years Specialty Coffee and/or Tea experience preferred
- 2+ years experience in Inside or Outside Sales
Compensation & Benefits
- $32-42K annual salary, plus bonuses - details available
- Travel expenses
- Medical and Dental Insurance available
- Paid Time Off, Volunteer Time Off
Note: Passenger is an Equal Opportunity employer seeking to build an inclusive workforce that reflects the diversity of our city. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, women, and the LGBTQ community. The purpose of this document is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. This document does not reflect all job duties or requirements for every position. Requirements build as one progresses through the job levels, so any job duties required at a lower level may be required at the higher level in addition to the duties listed for that higher level. Duties, assignments, and other responsibilities may differ for similar positions based on business conditions, departmental or geographic location, and/or needs for the particular position.