Cold Brew Coffee
Simple and easy to repeat cold brew coffee at home. Perfect for hot, summer days.
What You will Need:
- 450g Passenger Coffee
- Burr Grinder
- Filtered Water
- Gallon Pitcher
- Cold Brew Paper Filter
- Reusable Cold Brew Mesh Bag
- Stirring Spoon
- Grind 450g coffee on a medium setting on burr grinder.
- Dose coffee into cold brew paper filter. Place open filter into pitcher lined with reusable cold brew mesh bag.
- Carefully pour 1gal (3785 mL) cold filtered water over coffee grounds. Stir to ensure all coffee is fully saturated.
- Tie bag tightly with string as to prevent coffee from leaking out. The mesh bag should remain open, lining the sides of the pitcher. Cover and store away in a cool place, ideally a fridge.
- Label pitcher with the time brewing started and time to decant. Recommended steep time is 24hr.
- Decant coffee accordingly. Store in refrigerator. Serve within 3-5 days.
NOTE This recipe may be expanded to brew bigger batches of cold brewed coffee. Simply use an additional 450g coffee for every additional gallon you brew.