A beautiful cross between a full immersion brew method and filtered coffee. Quick, clean, and easy to take on the road.
What You Will Need:
- 20g Passenger Coffee
- Burr Grinder
- Gram Scale
- Filtered Water
- Brewing Vessel
- Serving Vessel
- Bring ~0.5L filtered water to 210ºF in kettle.
- Place filter into Aeropress cap. Screw cap into Aeropress. Place Aeropress on brewing vessel. Rinse with hot water. Discard wastewater.
- Grind 20g of coffee on a fine setting on burr grinder. Place coffee in Aeropress.
- Place Aeropress and brewing vessel on gram scale. Tare to zero.
- Start Timer. Evenly saturate the ground coffee with 200g water. Stir well to break up clumped coffee grounds.
- Lightly insert plunger into Aeropress without plunging. This will prevent the water from draining through before brewing is complete and aid in heat retention. Remove Aeropress and serving vessel from scale.
- At 1:00, remove plunger. Stir. Replace plunger and press until the bottom of the plunger meets the bed of coffee. Pressing should take approximately :15 seconds.
- Pour coffee over ice in serving vessel and enjoy