A celebration of tradition and balance. Matcha is stone ground whole leaf tea from Japan, whisked together with hot water to create a frothy and centering beverage.
What You Will Need:
- 2.5g Passenger Matcha
- Gram Scale
- Filtered Water
- Matcha Bowl
- Bamboo Whisk
- Dish Towel
- Bring ~0.5L filtered water to 185ºF in kettle.
- Fill bowl with enough heated water to preheat bowl. Discard water. Towel dry.
- Place 2.5g matcha in bowl.
- Place bowl on gram scale. Tare to zero.
- Evenly saturate matcha with ~90g water.
- Whisk matcha and water aggressively for about 30 seconds or until desired texture is achieved
- Pour into your favorite cup and enjoy
For Matcha Latte:
- Add 1tsp (2.5g) and 12oz milk to metal steaming pitcher.
- Aerating lightly, use steam wand to bring mixture to 140ºF.