Makes approximately 20 fl oz of brewed coffee
What you will need...
- 3 1/4 cups filtered water
- 8-10 tbsp medium ground coffee
- Hot water kettle
- 34 oz French Press
- Serving Vessel
For a French Press, we suggest using 2½ - 3 tbsp of ground coffee for every 8 fl oz of water. You may want to explore this range depending on the strength of the coffee you prefer.
- Scoop the ground coffee (48-60 grams) into the French Press.
- Fill up your hot water kettle with 3¼ cups of filtered water and bring it to a boil.
- Start your timer and pour the hot water over the coffee. After the entire kettle is emptied, stir the French Press with a spoon so that all of the coffee is evenly soaked with water.
- After your timer reaches 4 minutes, use a spoon to break up the foamy layer of coffee that has floated to the surface; skim off the bubbles and fine coffee grounds that remain.
- Replace the lid and slowly compress the metal filter until all of the ground coffee is condensed at the bottom of the French Press. To ensure that the flavor of the coffee stays clean and rich the entire time you are drinking, we recommend decanting the brewed coffee into a separate serving vessel after you finish this last step.