Single Cup Pourover
Makes approximately 14 fl oz of brewed coffee
What you will need...
- 2 cups filtered water
- 5-6 tbsp medium ground coffee
- Hot water kettle
- Single cup pourover dripper
- Paper filter
- Serving vessel
For a pourover coffee, we suggest using 2½ - 3 tbsp of ground coffee for every 8 fl oz of water. You may want to explore this range depending on the strength of the coffee you prefer.
- Start with a clean paper filter in the dripper. Rinse the filter to wash away any papery flavors and help the filter adhere to the side of the brewer.
- Scoop ground coffee into the basket.
- Fill up your hot water kettle with 2 cups of filtered water and bring it to a boil.
- Place the dripper on your intended mug or serving vessel.
- Start your timer and pour a small amount of water over the ground coffee, making sure to evenly saturate the entire bed of coffee.
- After 30 seconds, add half of the water that remains in your kettle.
- When your timer reads 1 minute 30 seconds, add the remaining water from your kettle.
- Once the water has entirely dripped through the bed of coffee, dispose of the grounds and the filter.